Julian is a New Zealand based public policy consultant. He specialises in evaluation and value for money.
The Value for Investment evaluation system, developed through Julian’s doctoral research, is used globally to evaluate complex and hard-to-measure programs and policy reforms. Much of Julian’s current work involves supporting organisations and teams to master the approach.
Julian is a member of the Kinnect group, an Associate of Oxford Policy Management, an Honorary Fellow at the University of Melbourne and University Fellow at Charles Darwin University. He is a member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Evaluation Association (ANZEA), Australian Evaluation Society (AES), American Evaluation Association (AEA), and UK Evaluation Society (UKES).
Our business model is built on collaborative relationships. We form project teams with the right skill sets and sector experience for each assignment. Key relationships include:
- Kinnect group colleagues Judy Oakden, Kate McKegg, Nan Wehipeihana, Charles Sullivan and Adrian Field
- Arden Corter – Health psychologist, evaluator and researcher
- Michelle Moss of Mimo Consulting
- Kataraina Pipi – Māori facilitator, strategic planner and evaluator
- Graham Panther of Redpanther Ltd
- Louise Were of Hikitia, evaluation and project management specialist
- Aaron Schiff – independent data scientist and consulting economist
- Andrés Arau and Martina Garcia Aisa of Pulpo Data SL
- Anne Bateman of the Bateman Consulting Group
- Aspex Consulting, Melbourne
- Oxford Policy Management, United Kingdom & globally.