Julian King & Associates was established in 2002 to provide useful consulting services to policy makers in Australia and New Zealand. Our services have evolved over the years into a specialisation in evaluation and value for investment capability building, with a global client base spanning every continent except Antarctica.
Julian is a New Zealand based public policy consultant. His professional background includes evaluating policies and programs in both domestic and international development contexts, and prior experience as a policy analyst for the governments of New Zealand and Canada.
Julian is a member of the Kinnect Group, an Associate of Oxford Policy Management, an Honorary Fellow at the University of Melbourne and a University Fellow at The Northern Institute. He is a member of the evaluation societies of New Zealand, Australia, UK, USA, and Europe.
Our business model is built on collaborative relationships. We pool expertise to form project teams with the right skill sets and sector experience for each assignment. Key relationships include:
- Kinnect Group colleagues Judy Oakden, Kate McKegg, Nan Wehipeihana, Charles Sullivan and Adrian Field
- Michelle Moss of Mimo Consulting
- Kataraina Pipi – Māori facilitator, strategic planner and evaluator
- Graham Panther of Redpanther Ltd
- Louise Were of Hikitia, evaluation and project management specialist
- Aaron Schiff – independent data scientist and consulting economist
- Frances Hansford – researcher, evaluator and value for money expert
- Andrés Arau and Martina Garcia Aisa of Pulpo Data SL
- Anne Bateman of the Bateman Consulting Group
- Dovetail Consulting, Auckland
- Aspex Consulting, Melbourne
- Oxford Policy Management, United Kingdom & globally.